ABOUT DR. PRASANNA MADHAV KELKAR
- Born on 8th November,1963 Dr. Prasanna Kelkar completed his Ayurvedic graduation from R.A. Podar Ayurvedic College, Mumbai, India. in 1988.
- Took experience at various institutions like KEM Hospital, Wadia Maternity Hospital, Wadia Childrens Hospital, Hinduja Hospital, Etc.
- After completion of internship he did a one year Teacher's Training course in Yogic Sciences from Yoga Vidya Niketan, under the able guidance of Mr. Sadashiv Nimbalkar, a renowned personality in the field of Yoga.
- Did a house post in a 50 bedded surgical nursing home in Thane for six months.
- Completed his M.A. in Sanskrut from Tilak Maharashtra University, Pune; a deemed University in 2008.
- From January 1989 to August 1989 did an Offshore job as a medical officer-on-board; in oil drilling rigs in Bombay High.
- Started Ayurvedic general practice at Thane in Nov.1989. Started Panchakarma unit in 1993.
- Worked as Hon. Ayurvedic Consultant at Mumbai Municipal Corporation's Rajawadi Hospital at Ghatkopar from 1990 to 1998, and at Mulund(E) Municipal General Hospital from 1993-2004.
- Founder and Managing Trustee of Ayurved Hitaishani Trust and Samshodhan Kendra, Thane; a NGO dedicated to the spread of Ayurveda.
- Founder member, Trustee & Vice President of Shree Dhanvantari Swasthya Kendra, Thane; an organisation dedicated to the cause of Ayurveda and health of general people.
- Hon Ayurved Consultant at Jani Janardan Seva Samiti Trust Ayurvedic OPD at Thane.
- Special interest in the field of Thyroid dysfunction, Arterial blocks, Diabetes, Tuberculosis and Obesity.
- Ongoing work on Digitization of Nadi pariksha. Worked in association with BARC, Mumbai and IIT, Mumbai.
- So far, Three papers presented in National level conferences.
- Associated with activities of Vanvasi kalyan Ashram for last 27 years.
- Started Free Ayurvedic OPD's at various Adivasi villages in Thane District since last seven years. He and his team of doctors visit the villages once a month on every fourth Sunday, check the patients and give Ayurvedic medicines for the whole month or as required, free of cost.
Return to Home Page